time-saving, budget friendly meals you can make in just hours!
Freezer Meals will save you time, money & make your dinnertime prep simple & stress free! In this post, I will be sharing my Freezer Meals Pinterest Board with you & giving you helpful tips that have made the prep-process easier!
Here is the link to my board with tons of healthy family friendly freezer meals:
- To make the meals more budget friendly, try to find recipes that require ingredients you can use in multiple meals
- Frozen vegetables tend to work better for freezer meals
- Try to avoid using “creamy” ingredients. If the recipe does require it, you can always add them in the day of
- Choose a day or night where you are NOT BUSY & prep the meals all at once….you’ll be surprised how fast the process is!
- Put on some music! For me, it makes the process more fun!
- Make ingredient lists to make the prep process easier to follow & check them off as you go
- Print out a Freezer Meals booklet to save all your favorite recipes
- Label the freezer bags. Include the name of the meal, date, instructions & any day-of add ins
- Most freezer meals will leave you with leftovers if you have a family of four or less so that’s another plus!
- If the pre-chopped onions are on sale, I always buy them….it saves so much time!
- I buy the minced garlic in the jar which also saves a lot of time
- Thaw next day meals overnight in the refrigerator
- I normally cook my freezer meals in the crockpot on LOW. This keeps the meat from drying out
- No matter the quality, I always double bag any freezer meals with sauces to avoid leaks
- I also recommend gallon sized freezer bags with a sliding zip-lock
- Shop around for sales on meat and stock up!
- Stack & lay meals FLAT in freezer
I will be making tons of Freezer Meals this summer to avoid turning on the oven & to enjoy being outside with my kids knowing dinner will be ready to go! Let me know your favorite Freezer Meals in the comments! Happy Monday!