ideas for fun Field Trip or Summer Camp bagged lunches!
My daughter has a few School Field Trips coming up as she nears her last weeks as 1st Grader (pause for a quick Mama Bear sob!). The students are required to bring a disposable, non-perishable lunch. Since this particular Field Trip is hands-on, active, & adventurous, I wanted to provide her with healthy options to fuel her body throughout the day! Here is what I packed for her:
– Organic Apple Sauce Pouch (no spoon required!)
– Stretch Island Cherry Fruit Leather
– Multigrain Pretzels
– Mini Cucumber Slices & Sliced Carrots
– Fruitables fruit & veggie Juice (I will also pack plenty of water)
– Stonyfield Yogurt Tube (freeze overnight & pack it in bag the morning of the Field Trip!)
– Nature’s Bakery Stone Ground Whole Wheat Raspberry Fig Bar
I packed all of these items in separate Ziplock baggies & then into a large ZipLock to prevent leaking etc.
This next idea is completely optional, but I personally love being creative with the theme of the Field Trip & creating a fun “Bag Lunch”! My kids tell me all the time how much they appreciate & smile at the daily lunch notes I write them!
I hope this post gives you some ideas the next time you’re packing up a healthy Field Trip (or Summer Camp) lunch!
Thanks for stopping by,