a fluffy, delicious breakfast the whole family will love!
-3 ripe bananas, mashed
-3 tbsp. pure organic coconut oil, melted
-1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
-a dash of vanilla extract
-1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-pinch of sea salt
-pinch of nutmeg
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
-1 tbsp. almond or cashew milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil & set aside
- Melt coconut oil & put aside to cool
- Whisk in applesauce, vanilla & cooled coconut oil
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, & cinnamon, whisk
- Add flour 1/2 c. at a time & whisk until well combined
- If batter seems too thick, add in a tbsp. of almond or cashew milk
- Turn batter out into greased loaf pan (this is where you can add your desired topping, i.e. chopped walnuts)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes*
- Allow to cool completely before slicing & enjoying!
- Store in a sealed container in refrigerator & warm before eating
*Bake time depends on your oven, so be sure to check on your bread at the 40 minute mark. Mine was done at 43 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe….Happy Monday!