Ready in 20 minutes
Makes 9-12 scones
- 3 ½ c. flour (I use 1 ¾ all-purpose & 1 ¾ whole wheat)
- 6 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 6 tbsp. cold-cubed vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1 ¼ c. Silk Protein Nutmilk
- 1 ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pure almond extract
*mix 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal with 3 ½ tbsp. water & let set for 4 hours, preferably overnight (if the mixture has a congealed texture, it’s ready to use!)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat Mat or parchment paper.
2. In a mixer, add all dry ingredients & mix until combined.
3. Slowly add in cubed butter & mix until you have small lumps throughout the dough.
4. In a medium-sized measuring cup add flax egg, then add nutmilk until you reach the 1 1⁄4 c. line. Add in vanilla & almond extract.
5. Slowly pour wet ingredients into mixer & increase mixing speed as dough thickens.
6. Using a cookie scoop, place small or medium scoops of scone dough onto your lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 13-14 minutes or until golden brown on top.
8. Once warm, enjoy with your favorite jam, a drizzle of pure raw honey, pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, sliced almonds, etc!
I hope you enjoy these delicious scones at your
“Weekend Breakfast Table”…Happy Sunday!