a vegan pizza w. homemade dough & topped w. vegan Ranch Dressing
- a head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. garlic clove, minced & sautéed
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 c. buffalo sauce (separated), heat of your choice (I use mild!)
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thinly
- green onion, diced for topping
- homemade pizza dough* (recipe below)
- corn meal (to coat pizza stone or pan)
- homemade vegan Ranch Dressing, for topping (recipe below)
*make sure your dough is out on a floured surface coming to room temp. at least an hour before cooking
- Preheat oven to 425º & grease a baking sheet or line with a Silpat mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, avocado oil, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper & 1/4 c. of the buffalo sauce. Make sure this mixture coats the cauliflower evenly.
- Place cauliflower in one layer on baking sheet & cook for 10 minutes. Move around the cauliflower & cook for 7 addition minutes. Transfer roasted cauliflower back to medium bowl & add in the remaining 1/2 c. of the buffalo sauce.
- Increase oven temp. to 475º.
- Evenly spread corn meal onto pizza stone or lined pan (I love using a pizza stone. The dough comes out nice & crispy!) With floured hands, shape your dough to your liking (I did a classic circle shape) & top dough with cauliflower mixture, making sure to spread it out evenly. Top with sliced onion & it’s ready for the oven!
- Bake pizza for 18-20 minutes* (watching it closely towards the end)
- After removing pizza from the oven, top with ranch dressing & sprinkle on green onion. Let pizza sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Slice it up & ENJOY!
*My dough recipe makes a LARGE pizza, so decrease oven time if your pizza is smaller in size
Homemade Pizza Dough:
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c. avocado oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 c. flour of choice
- Pour warm water into a large bowl & slowly sprinkle in yeast.
- Wait 6 minutes then whisk in coconut sugar, avocado oil, & salt.
- Add flour 1 c. at a time, mixing in-between cups (make sure to combine flour completely & the dough should be formed at this point)
- Transfer formed dough into a oiled medium bowl & lightly brush top with oil.
- Cover & set aside in a warm, draft-free place.
- In an hour (or less), the dough should double in size.
- Move to floured surface to sit for an addition hour before cooking.
*Note: DO NOT over work/knead your dough. It will become almost impossible to shape.
Vegan Ranch Dressing:
- 1 1/4 c. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. non-dairy, unflavored, unsweetened nutmilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. dry parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp. dry dill weed
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients
- Store covered in refrigerator* or transfer to a mason jar with a lid for at least 3 hours before enjoying
*lasts 5-6 days stored in refrigerator
*this is also a great dip for veggies, pita chips, pretzels, etc!
I hope you’ll give these delicious recipes a try for your next Family Pizza Night!
Happy Labor Day Weekend,